Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I think I have a hearing loss?
- You should book an appointment with an expert at Living Sounds Hearing Centre for a hearing test and consultation.
Are hearing aids noticeable?
- Today’s hearing aids are very discreet and a number of styles can be worn without any indication that they are there. Talk to an expert at Living Sounds about the discreet hearing aid options available.
How will a hearing aid improve my life?
- Hearing aids can play a significant role in how a person feels. They can help:
- Improve communication
- Strengthen family relationships
- Improve self esteem
- Provide a sense of control
- Increase social participation
How do hearing aids work?
- Hearing aids amplify sounds to help the individual with a hearing loss hear better. Advances in technology have resulted in changes on how hearing aids process sounds and determine which sounds require amplification.
Will a hearing aid restore my hearing?
- While no hearing aid will completely restore your hearing, they are designed to help you hear sounds you couldn’t before and better understand speech, even in noisy environments.
What hearing aid is best for me?
- There are a number of factors that determine which hearing aid will be right for you. The team at Living Sounds will use factors such as the severity of your hearing loss, your lifestyle information, and your physical characteristics to help determine which solution is right for you.
How long is the adjustment period for wearing hearing aids?
- The adjustment period varies from person to person but on average, the adjustment period is four months. It takes time to become acclimated to wearing hearing aids, which is why it is so important to not give up on the process after only a few days.
Why should I purchase a hearing aid from Living Sounds?
- Hearing aids that are properly fit and adjusted by a trained professional will provide the best results. The experts at Living Sounds are all Board Certified and professionally trained to help you achieve your best hearing health.
Who does Living Sounds Hearing Centre have contracts with?