Did You Know? Statistics on Hearing Loss.
Posted by Living Sounds
Having a hearing loss today is not as uncommon as one may believe. However, it seems as if seeking treatment is less likely to occur with those who do have a hearing loss. The following statistics from the Better Hearing Institute below illustrate this gap between those with hearing losses and those who seek care. While we at Living Sounds Hearing Centre have been able to care for numerous individuals in the community, it is surprising to be reminded that there are so many that are not receiving the care that they should have.
– 1 in 4 workers exposed to high levels of noise will develop a hearing loss.
– Only 13% of general practitioners screen for hearing loss.
– 3 in every 10 people over age 60 have a hearing loss.
– 1 in every 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59) has a hearing loss.
– 1 in every 14 Generation X’ers (29-40) already has a hearing loss.
– 1.4 million children (under 18) have hearing problems.
– Only 1 out of 5 people who could benefit from a hearing aid actually wears one.
– 9 out of 10 hearing aid users report improvements in their quality of life.
We are running our demo days from June 4 – 8. Call or book your appointment here and find out which hearing aid may be best for you.