Before purchasing hearing aids, the journey to better hearing begins with finding a qualified, trusted, hearing healthcare professional and scheduling an appointment. At Living Sounds Hearing Centre, our clinical team is genuinely committed and invested in helping people hear better. We want to see you succeed on your hearing healthcare journey.
Step 1: Find a Qualified, Trusted Hearing Healthcare Professional
Finding a qualified and trusted professional is important. Being comfortable to discuss your situation is key to ensure you are recommended the most effective treatment plan for your lifestyle needs.
Step 2: Scheduling a Hearing Evaluation
Our hearing healthcare professionals are qualified to diagnose and treat hearing loss. The hearing evaluation process involves a comprehensive hearing test which will identify if there is a hearing loss as well as the type. By understanding the communication situations, you find challenging, our professional will be able to make confident product recommendations that best suit your lifestyle and budget. Once the hearing evaluation is complete, our hearing healthcare professional will walk you through your hearing results to help you understand the diagnosis and next steps.
Step 3: Hearing Aid Recommendation
Hearing aids come in many different styles and technology levels. Our team will recommend the right hearing aid to best suit your lifestyle and needs, based on your hearing evaluation results and budget.
At Living Sounds Hearing Centres’ we attend regular educational events to ensure we are up to date with the latest information and technology available. By doing so, it ensures our hearing healthcare teams are making the best recommendations to ensure client satisfaction and hearing success.
Hearing aids are an investment, and it is important to consider the benefits to your lifestyle now, as well as in the years to come. When investing in your hearing health, the following options should be taken into consideration:
Technology and Style
- Smart hearing aid technology: smart hearing aids like the Livio AI offer smartphone and TV connectivity, heart rate monitoring, and fall detection, so you can enjoy your favourite shows and movies in rich sound quality.
- 360-degree sound experience: helps you focus on the sounds directly in front of or around you through improved sound and speech clarity.
- Feedback reduction: enjoy reduced whistling, buzzing, and ringing sounds for better sound quality, and instead listen to relief sounds on cue to soothe tinnitus.
- Rechargeable tech: modern hearing aids are either rechargeable or are powered by rechargeable batteries. Enjoy up to five years of high-quality sound with every set of batteries, or charge your hearing aid in just three hours for a full day of use.
- Size: larger hearing aids pack more battery life compared to discreet, invisible inside the ear models
- Colour: opt for a hearing aid that suits your skin tone for utmost discretion and comfort, or a fun tone that pops out
- Ear canal shape: a hearing aid practitioner will cast a mould of your ear canal to ensure a snug and secure fit depending on the size and shape of your ears
Comfort and Fit
Hearing aids are designed with your comfort in mind, but depending on the size and shape of your ears and lifestyle, certain models may offer better long-term use.
Price and Quality
Hearing aids feature different styles and functions — and these are priced differently depending on what they allow you to do.
Hearing aids can cost anywhere from $500 to $6,000. We have something to suit every budget. Hearing aid costs can differ based on style and technology — our hearing specialists will gladly provide you with the information you need on each hearing device to help you make the right decision.
For more information about insurance coverage and programs designed to reduce the cost of hearing aids, contact our hearing professionals at Living Sounds Hearing Centre.
Accessories and Apps
Many hearing aids available have accessories and/or apps to enhance your listening experience in noisy environments, stream TV directly to your hearing aid, sync with your smartphone, monitor your health, and more. Ask your hearing specialist about the different accessories and apps available.
Step 4: Hearing Aid Fitting
Once the decision has been made regarding which style of hearing aid, then follows the fitting appointment. In this appointment, you will be shown how to insert and remove the hearing aids, adjust the settings, and use the accessories.
Step 5: Follow Up Care
Follow up appointments will be scheduled to ensure you hearing aids are serving your optimally. In addition, annual hearing tests will be recommended to ensure there is no change in your hearing.
At Living Sounds Hearing Centre, we can help you find the right hearing aid. Call us at 780-488-8100 or book an appointment online.